Which reason is for you and for your loved ones?
1. Drinking water separates the sensations of thirst and hunger.
2. To lose weight, water is the best way to go – drink water on time and lose weight without much dieting. Also, you will not eat excessively (at the times) when you feel hungry but are in fact only thirsty for water.
3. Dehydration prevents sex hormone production – one of the primary causes of impotence and loss of libido.
4. Comparative shortage of water first suppresses and eventually kills some aspects of the body.
5. Water is the best lubricating laxative and prevents constipation.
6. Water helps reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
7. Water is the main lubricant in the joint spaces and helps prevent arthritis and back pain.
8. Water is absolutely vital for making the immune system more efficient in different regions to fight infections and cancer cells where they are formed.
9. Water makes skin smoother and helps decrease the effects of aging.
10. Water restores normal sleep rhythms.
11. Water reduces the incidence of morning sickness in pregnancy..
12. Water helps prevent the loss of memory as we age. It helps reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease and Lou Gehrig’s disease.
13. Water helps reverse addictive urges, including those for caffeine, alcohol and some drugs.
14. Water helps reduce fatigue – it gives us the energy of youth.
15. Water decreases pre-menstrual pains and hot flashes.
16. Water helps to reduce stress, anxiety and depression.
17. Water can help prevent deficit disorder in children and adults.
18. Water increases the efficiency of red blood cells in collecting oxygen in the lungs.
19. Water increases greatly the efficiency of the immune system in the bone marrow, where the immune system is formed – including its efficiency against cancer.
20. Water is directly needed for the production of all hormones made by the brain, including melatonin.
21. Water is directly needed for the efficient manufacture of all neurotransmitters, including serotonin.
22. Water clears toxic waste from different parts of the body and takes it to the liver and kidneys for disposal.
The human body has no stored water to draw on during dehydration. This is why you must drink regularly and throughout the day.
(From the book “You’re not Sick You’re Thirsty by Dr F.Batmanghelidj)